Season eight of The Walking Dead has resumed production following the death of a stuntman last week, AMC confirmed to Variety.

As previously reported, John Bernecker was fatally injured on Wednesday after falling 25 feet off a balcony. The 33-year-old was on set rehearsing a fight scene that was supposed to end with a “routine fall,” however, the stuntman missed the safety cushion by inches after losing his footing. In the incident report obtained by Variety, the show’s assistant director Matthew Goodwin said it looked like Bernecker tried to abort the jump by grabbing the balcony’s railing with both hands. He ultimately lost his grip, landing on his head and neck.

Production was halted soon after Bernecker was rushed to Atlanta Medical Center. He died the following day, after his family decided to take him off a ventilator.

“John Bernecker’s family has decided that he will be removed from life support, following organ donation,” AMC said last week. “We are deeply saddened by this loss and our hearts and prayers are with John’s family, friends and colleagues during this extremely difficult time.”

Season eight of The Walking Dead is scheduled to premiere in October.